Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Home Again

 

Home again.  I miss this little companion and the other two little brown dogs.  And the two people, of course.

That little brown dog - she will tolerate sitting with me, will even initiate it, as long as Sarah isn't around.  When Sarah comes, the dog makes it clear that Sarah is her person.

When I left home last week, it was late fall, almost late summer, really, I was wearing just a fleece outside quite comfortably.  And when I came back yesterday it was winter.  I saw the first snow of the season driving back over Jellico Mountain.  On the last day of November, so it was a nice long fall.

The drive back was wet and sometimes windy, but I didn't mind because the roads weren't slick.  I kept an eye on the temperature and it never went below 35 degrees.  Today, it's a little colder and there was just enough snow during the night to cover the grass.

My nice neighbor blew the snow off my car this morning.  I do plan on staying inside during the next few days, though it probably isn't necessary to quarantine.  Other than driving through Winter Lights and doing some curbside pick-ups, it was a relaxing stay-at-home visit.  



No comments: