Sunday, December 27, 2020

Quilting

 


I have been quilting, and quilting, the star quilt.  And quickly learning that the small free motion that I love on small quilts makes for a LOT of quilting on a larger one.  And this one is just lap size.  

It isn't helping that I've only been quilting in small increments because, you know, 'tis the season.

Because I'm a little lazy, I've been using prewound M bobbins with Superior thread but when I went to reorder they were out of stock.  I tried ordering from a different supplier, even though the new bobbin thread is a slightly lighter weight.  At first the bobbin thread broke but now it's seemed to have settled down.  I hated to change thread in the middle of a quilt, but no one will notice the difference on the back except for you and me, and the quilt isn't going to the quilt show.

My family arrived last night, an uneventful trip this time except for a delay as soon as they got on the interstate because of a seven-car accident.  I'm enjoying the three little brown dogs coming and going.

No comments: