Sunday, December 13, 2020

Third Sunday of Advent

 


The third Sunday of Advent.  

Times goes on.  The tree is not decorated but I'm doing pretty well with gifts.  Not a thing wrapped though.

The washer is washing and I am grateful.  

I got a new - refurbished - laptop right around Thanksgiving.  This is the first blog on it.  I take things a piece at a time.  Figuring out Windows 10 (yes, I had Windows 7.)  Setting up my email.  Transferring my documents.  Downloading pictures where I can find them.  Getting into my blogger account with a new password.  

This laptop - I chose one that is super sturdy - I could, apparently, drop it and it would be fine.  It's like the ones in police cars or construction vans.  Really, I don't plan on treating it roughly, I just liked that it had a lot of memory and storage.  I keep my stuff for a long time so I always go for the memory and storage.  Knowing that what seems like a lot today will be minimal tomorrow.

I just got the tiniest usb flash drive.  Thumbnail size, meant to stay in the usb port permanently.  Big enough to store movies and able to download them quickly.  I won't download any movies, probably, but it should be great for easy file back-up.  Things like this delight me.


2 comments:

Joanne S said...

You are speaking a foreign language to this Mac person. I have never reached the limits of this Mac in all my years here. But the only thing stored is the blog- all 3 thousand plus entries. I delete everything else.

I have my car back- it arrived last night after daughter's very exhausting day at work. 119 packages of candy packed and labelled for shipping. The owners really have no idea how hard she works. They will next Christmas. She is going to find somewhere else to work. My potholders are finished. Not enough for everyone to get two. I am sad about that. I could make more. My tree is still naked- not even lights. I need to go into the Attic. Ugh. The stairs and my knees are feeling old this week.

Angie said...

So now I'm really curious about the laptop. I've been semi-shopping for one and can't make up my mind. Do you mind sharing which brand you just got? I love how you described it. Thanks.