Saturday, December 26, 2020

Ah, Christmas!

I had a Christmas photo I wanted to share with you, but pictures aren't sending from my phone.  Friends have been talking about AT&T troubles because of the explosion in Nashville, maybe that's it.  You may see it later but so far no luck again today.

Christmas Eve Zoom church service was lovely, then I called Sarah and Winnie to see where they were on their travels, coming my way.  I was hoping they were at least in Kentucky.  But they said they had had to turn back, the snow in the North Carolina mountains was so bad.  When they left home it was 52 degrees and raining and it didn't look like there would be problems.  It was a long and scary trip back home for them.  They will probably try again today.

In the meantime, they got good news about the Covid tests they were watching for.  No symptoms, just wanting to be sure they weren't bringing it.

Christmas morning was a lovely Zoom time of watching the grands open gifts.  To say that Zoom was a blessing to me and many families is surely an understatement.

I had salmon for dinner, didn't want to try to keep it for another day.  Green bean casserole with fresh green beans and mushrooms.  Sweet potato casserole with baked sweet potatoes.  Mashed potatoes from Steph, along with Chex Mix, we traded dishes on Thursday at our garage Christmas Eve.

Steph had a festive tablecloth and a little tree in the garage, door up.  Masks on and socially distant.  I gave the grands their gifts and enjoyed that time together.  I had renewed the zoo membership for the family and presented that with a wrapped sticker book of zoo animals.  Turned out that Nora really enjoyed the book, it was sort of like a jigsaw puzzle of stickers.

Like many other people, this will be a Christmas I will remember for its weirdness and its joy.


No comments: