Sunday, December 6, 2020

Second Sunday of Advent

 


Second Sunday of Advent.  I was able to set up the candles for Zoom church, read the poem, light the candles.  Not perfect but ok.

The lights are now on the tree.  But, some of the string of the new green outside lights are out.  Just part of the season, nothing unusual here.

My washer is not working, all of a sudden.  The agitator is not spinning and the water drains but does not spin out of the clothes.  It's a washer that came with the house.  I didn't really need a washer and dryer but put them in the contract as something that could be taken out in negotiation.  But the seller accepted all the offer so there was no negotiation.  When my original washer gave out I replaced it with this one.

I don't know whether this washer will be worth fixing, but my son-in-law will know.  He's very good at appliance repairWord on the street is that the new washers are not as good as the old ones.  Same with refrigerators.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I am using an old machine and babysitting it thru every load. If it breaks down I plan to buy the same kind of low budget no frills machine. I do not want a low water one- if the door stays shut after washing- it gets really stinky and makes wash smell. I read a review on one blog and that person loved the low water washer.

don't get me started on fridge- I got a new fancy one and loved it but in 60 days it had stopped working. Now I have a basic two door with nothing flashy, Just a fridge side and a freezer side. Ice in the door but wish we didn't have that as water drips down the front sometimes in summer.