Saturday, December 19, 2020

Slogging Along

Slogging.  That's the word I feel describes my days lately, and I don't even know if that's a word.  It feels like there's sticky mud on the bottom of my boots, hypothetically.

And so, my blog has been quiet.  I've felt like there is just nothing to say.  Nothing begs me for a picture.  My sewing machine has been quiet.  I spend too much computer time, news, Amazon emails, setting up my new laptop.

But, yesterday, for my family, there was Christmas Eve planning.  Sarah and Winnie are coming on the 23rd.  On Christmas Eve, the family will have a driveway Christmas Eve.  Cell phones charged and on speaker, in two different cars.  The pile of packages on the driveway.  Trash bags in each car, Chex Mix, I hope - I've been hinting mightily.

(When I make Chex Mix, I use twice the amount of cereal, nuts, pretzels, little oyster crackers to the regular amount of butter.  It tastes pretty good.  But then I taste Steph's, with the "correct" proportions, and it's incredible.  That concept probably describes why my cooking is relatively yucky.)

Anyway, the driveway celebration will be early in the afternoon.  Hopefully it will be warmer then.  There will be separate plans for later in the day. Nora works at Kroger from 3:30 - 6:30.  My church's Zoom Christmas Eve service at 6:30.  Steph's church's outdoor candlelight service at 7:00.

We'll exchange Christmas Eve dinner dishes for separate dinners.  Maybe Zoom in the evening.

In years to come, when we gather together in the evening and celebrate into the night, we'll always remember this Christmas Eve.  

No comments: