Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Most Nostalgic


Of all my ornaments, this is the most nostalgic.  Titled simply "Dad."  1995.

Purchased early in the season and already on the tree when my husband died in early December.  

Seeing it always takes me back to that weekend.  The unexpected death Friday morning.  Visitation Sunday evening following Sarah's college graduation ceremony.  Funeral Monday morning.

I didn't think to take a camera to the graduation.  It wasn't even on my radar until I got there and saw all the cameras.  Steph asked a random someone in the audience to share their pictures.  It turned out to be the father of one of the students who went out west with Sarah for a short term camping class. During the preceding January.  That father sent a video as well as pictures.  There were many blessings during that long weekend but that one stands out.

No comments: