Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Mom


Mom.  1999.  A flat metal ornament.

This week I machine-embroidered names on three felt stockings for my neighbor.  She had made four stockings with Bucilla kits we rescued from her stash and mine.  Apparently kits were in short supply this year because there was a fire at the Bucilla factory.  She told me it took a long time to embroider a name at the top and I told her I could do that for her.

The stocking I was working on has been languishing.  Not a single bead sewn on since before Thanksgiving.

This was the laziest of days and I'm not sure why.  I wasn't feeling all that sick any more, just discouraged.  Tomorrow I want to take a shower right away and just get started.  Maybe start off with baking some banana bread.  And I do want to go to Target.  And pick up some groceries.



 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I decided the same thing--to get up and take a shower right away. then I had breakfast, did a load of washing--now in dryer-- and cleaned up the craft side of the dining room table --and fresh placemats and napkins. Then I ate a pear from the gift box and came here--the internet is usually a real dead end of busy-ness. The gingerbread man looks terrible so I cut out another Scottie and two balls. I'll add Mary Englebreit polka dots to the balls. Ho Ho Ho

Raining here. 50 degrees.