Thursday, December 6, 2018

Sittches of Joy and Loving Stitches


Stitches of Joy on the left and Loving Stitches on the right.

I started working early this morning on class preparation for Saturday's Epic Machine class.  Tomorrow I'll go into work and sit down at the machine for awhile and also copy the handouts.  I know that by the end of the class I'll be lusting after that machine all over again.

But today - lunch at the Art Museum and then viewing the special exhibit Fabrics of India.  Friends who have seen it have raved, and I'm looking forward to going.

One of my friends was complaining that we don't need to see pictures of George W. Bush passing candy to Michelle Obama.  I disagree, I think we do need to see those pictures of warmth between two people on the opposite sides of the aisle.

And how inspiring was the video of Bob Dole being helped from his wheelchair so he could salute another war hero.  Age 95 saluting age 94, there aren't many of those World War II veterans left.  

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

You know when George Jr was president he seemed stiff and bored and insular. Not real.
I love seeing him loose and friendly. The five Presidents got together quite often and are on very good terms. The two Bush presidents, Obama, Carter and Clinton. So it was just how they are with each other-easy- for George to give Michelle a cough drop--(an old one from his pocket is what he told her) and the two of them to smile--well, that's okay. Even at a funeral. His father would have smiled.

Bob Dole broke my heart. Just remembering it now brings tears.