Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Li'l Jingler



Li'l Jingler.  1986.  If you look closely, you can see the raccoon hanging from a string of gold bells.

I had gone to see Steph in her first year at college to buy her a winter coat.  At Crestview Mall, now Crestview Town Center, we bought a long tweed coat and visited the Hallmark Store.  I really wanted this ornament, even though it was out of my budget.  $6.75.  Like I said, I keep the boxes.

Now whenever I go to work I pass Crestview Town Center.  You never know the twists and turns that life has in store.

I'm not happy with myself for not using my sit-down quilter, made by Handi-Quilter for Viking.  So today, I just did it.  Free motioned the inside of a wreath on a Christmas quilt.  Nothing fancy.  Just a re-start.  Stippling, because I feel like a beginner all over again.

I was amazed at how quickly the quilting went.  Remembered how much I really like this machine.  I chose ecru thread on an ecru fabric, just to hide any bobbles, now I wish I'd chosen a thread with a little more contrast  Just breathe, that's my quilting secret. 

No comments: