Monday, December 31, 2018

New Bike



On this gray and rainy New Year's Eve, we waited at Sleepy Bee in Oakley for a wonderful breakfast and then stopped in Newport at Reser's Bicycle.  It's one of Sarah's favorite places and I always enjoy Christmas shopping for her there.

I waited in the car to catch up on the national news - I know I shouldn't and it isn't good for me, but I just can't stop.  Sarah and Winnie were gone for a long time.  And then Sarah came out.

Sarah:  Sorry it's taking so long.  A thing happened.  And it wasn't my fault.  Winnie bought a bike!

And so she did, a green Salsa she had been admiring but hadn't found in the size she needed.

Don't worry about the bike getting to North Carolina.  Their car top carrier has a rail for a bike.  Of course.  When they go down the road tomorrow, other travelers will be admiring that bike.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love admiring the new bike. When the rain stops, we’ll ride!
-Sarah