Monday, April 12, 2010

Update for Helen's Quilt

On Friday night at the going-away dinner, I wished I had Helen's quilt ready for her. I'd been putting off adding the bushes and the plants, just not sure how to do it. Yesterday I did what I should have done before - I just showed up.


I fused down the bushes, cut irregular shapes for the plants, and fused them down too.

Then I free-motion stitched around the bushes and plants and around the rocks that were left to do. And it's done, except for Jack and the border.
I've thought about the border, yes or no. It would be nice to have a kind of mat around everything. I've thought about something with a little pattern, but I'm afraid that anything with a pattern will detract from what's inside. At this point, I'm thinking about a hand-dyed border with just a little mottling.
And I'm going to do it soon.



No comments: