Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Scissors


I am fairly organized in keeping my sewing tools in place. I can put my fingers on any sewing machine foot, know just where the needles are, can find a piece of velcro in an instant. But scissors are elusive, maybe because I don't have a little stacked plastic cube marked "scissors." Many times I've gone searching for a pair. More than once I've actually bought a pair just because I couldn't find one.
My new solution is a white basket with a pretty green and white liner. Whenever I see a pair of scissors I toss it in. Same with snips. Same with the rotary cutter. So far, it's working. When I need a pair of scissors, there they are, living happily with their cousins. I've yet to find my really GOOD pair, but maybe soon.
In the washer: my Village Discount scores, my favorite of which is a lavender long-sleeved Life is Good t-shirt for $2. Can't wait to wear it in the Smokies.

I also scored a crisp Ralph Lauren cobalt and white checked sheet for 90 cents. I haven't measured it but it's probably queen-sized and will find its next home as a quilt backing. Probably for more than one quilt.

And a Gymboree shirt for Aaron, the button-down style that he looks so sweet in. And a red and white pair of crop pants for Nora. And a GAP sweater for me. Good day at the Village Discount, aka Macy's on the Hill, aka the thrift store.
The Reds fireworks are active tonight and the Reds have 9 runs in the fifth inning. It would be nice to see them pull out of their slump. Thursday is Senior Night, the weather looks good, and I'm thinking about it . . . . .


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOPS! --- Janice --- :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't know what happened!!! I sent the " OOPS ! " for the first one I sent that I'd forgotten t sign !
Sometimes I send these comments and they don't show up, when I'm so sure I did everything right !
Oh well,guess I'll try to double check from now on! Sorry, Connie !
Janice