Monday, April 19, 2010

Last Stitch

I just sewed the last stitch in Aaron's bed quilt. It was in early fall when Steph gave me the flannel receiving blankets from Target to make a quilt that would match his sheets. You wouldn't think that a quilt with large squares would take so long, but it did. I got some more flannel and embroidered bears riding train cars on the turquoise. The little guy loves trains.

All day when I stitched I thought about Aaron and hoped that he would be happy under his quilt. And that if he had a cold or sore throat that he would feel comforted by it. It's a quilt filled with good wishes.

I rarely make a quilt big enough for a bed. I refer to my kid quilts as cuddle quilts and they're smaller. Today I saw a small kid quilt referred to as a stroller quilt, and I like that term too. I've moved my sewing machine to a table in my office to have more flat space to support the quilts.

I've seen the studios of some of the members of my quilt guild and they're not as spread out as mine. I think the thing is that I am all over the place with my sewing, focus wise. I do some utility quilting, some art quilting, some (but not much) garment sewing, lots of sewing projects, some felting, and some embroidery. Since I like it all, I can't see that changing any time soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Connie, he will feel fomforted - happy & loved, under his special quilt made especialy for him ,by his sweet- loving Gran B.!
It' wondreful, I love it already !
Janice