Sunday, May 31, 2009

Quilt Pictures

The camera batteries have charged, and here's my quilt. It's the Husqvarna Viking Embroidery Club for June and I pretty much followed the directions. The picture on the envelope showed the quilt in beige and light pink, though, so this is a cousin once removed.
It has machine applique and is constructed in a quilt-as-you-go technique, which means that once the quilt is constructed, it's finished. I'd love to add some free motion quilting once its life as a sample is over, but I'm not sure. I tried to free motion before once the binding was on and didn't have a great result. We'll see - the quilt is already telling me that it needs some in fluorescent colors.

The quilt measures 31" x 40" and was designed as a lap quilt. You can see the ruffling on each side of the embroidery above and to the left of the big blue flower below.


This was a fun project, from picking out the fabric to doing the embroidery to trying out the ruffler to doing the construction. Quick, too, as quilts go, even machine quilted ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! the colors are so beautiful!!!
Janice