Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On Top of the Hill

My converter box is hooked up and there are around 20 channels to choose from. Who would have thought? I guess there are advantages to being on top of the hill and on the second floor of my house at that.

I do have the KET stations that I was hoping for, the local channels, and a whole lot of other channels that I've never heard of. All crystal clear, on my little $69 tv. I'm so happy that I didn't go the cable or satelite route.

In retrospect, I sort of wish I hadn't bought the digital tv for downstairs, which I rarely watch. Sometimes it's just hard to know what to do.
Several months ago, probably in February, I started a joggles.com art quilting class. I did the first two lessons, a little late, but I did them. The third was working on canvas with paint. I love the feeling of having a paintbrush in my hand but I feel so inexperienced and inadequate. About a month ago I started working on my lesson and really liked how it was shaping up. Like the tv experience, though, I just wasn't sure what to do.
I started with quilting the shoes and socks, then the hair. Tonight I did a little quilting on the sky area - that was easy. I'm thinking about swirls in the yellow to represent the children going in a circle.

Here's the photograph I'm working from. The figures are in a little sidewalk park in Fort Thomas.

The instructor recommended working from a photo of a pet, but I just knew I wouldn't be happy with that. By the way, the red in the hair of the second figure from the left is a Christmas ribbon that someone used to decorate him.

No comments: