Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 123

Time for Friday Fill-Ins, with my answers in bold.

1. Apples are to oranges as polyester quilt batting is to cotton quilt batting. Both have their place, they're just different. For what I do, it's almost always thin cotton batting, like Warm 'n Natural.

2. I'm really happy with our new president and that's all I have to say about that. Except to add that at work, I'm in the minority with that sentiment.

3. I think I hear city traffic noise through my open window. Same traffic sounds I heard in the little town of Berea where I lived before. I-75 went right by town. Actually, the traffic sounds are nicer here because there is less truck traffic.

4. It's a grand old flag, it's a high-flying flag. We used to sing that in grade school. Do kids still sing lustily in grade school?

5. Do what you want to do but be civil. In journalism school, we learned that freedom of speech doesn't give us the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre. Is that why I'm so big on civility?

6. My daughter Sarah walked down the road and behind him/her was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with tadpoles. True story, but instead of a bucket the whole wagon was full of water and tadpoles. Tadpoles for sale, anyone?

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to heading down to the river to see how high it got (not near flood stage, don't worry, it's just an excuse to watch the water go by,) tomorrow my plans include babysitting Aaron in the evening so Steph and Mike can go to a baseball game, and Sunday I want to wish all mothers a Happy Mother's Day.

Happy Friday, everyone.

9 comments:

Marites said...

Tadpoles? LOL! what did she do with those? :D Oh, and I thought your president is quite popular.

CJ said...

Tadpoles? It's been a long time since I've done anything with them...

I hope your Mother's Day is beautiful.

Mine is here.cjh

Aisling said...

tadpoles make me heave. At school once we had a tank full and someone left them over one of the school breaks and they all died and I HAD TO CLEAN THE TANK OUT!

sara said...

I remember collecting tadpoles when I was a little girl!!

have a great weekend!

Diana_CT said...

We use to collect tadpoles along the banks of stream. :-)

Anonymous said...

Uhoh. I never thought about the difference between polyester and cotton batting. From now on I will.

I was humming the Grand Ole Flag recently and my twelve yr old asked what it was. He had never heard it in school and obviously I'm not humming enough.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier.
#2, I know how you feel, I'm somewhat in the same boat at my work, I just try not to discuss politics at all any more.
Have a great weekend, it sounds like you've got a lot planned.

Auntie Q said...

The word "flag" brought that same song to mind. I need to make sure my kids know that one! Happy Friday. :)

eMelectric said...

#5 made me chuckle, but is so true!

I hope you have a lovely weekend and a Happy Mother's Day! :o)