Friday, May 15, 2009

Flowers

I parked around the corner tonight because there was a celebration going on across the street and there weren't any parking places. And I glanced at this yard, which a week ago was just . . . a yard and tonight was an exuberant show of roses. Something to think about as I think what my landscaping will be like. When it comes to flowers, I like exuberance.

My peonies will bloom soon. At my other house I always wanted a start of peonies, and when I moved here that was pretty much all there was. I have a few perennials now, a few herbs. I'm going slow, trying to visualize what I want.

Last weekend I made this bag with hand-dyed fabrics and flowers embroidered on each side. It's not very big, but I'm not a fan of large bags. It has a lining and a pocket inside, and I'm happy with it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That quilt is really pretty. I like the bunnies.
Sarah