Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tote Bags

At Christmas, Aunt Sharon sent me a green tote bag that I think she got at a craft show. It was made from a placemat and had ribbon handles. In the picture below, it's actually turned inside out so I could use it as a pattern for the red bag that I made.

Then, unrelated, I found out today that I'll be doing a workshop about making placemat bags, so you'll be seeing more in the future, with different kinds of handles, embroidery, linings, various things.

I've made a couple of the red bags - I got those placemats in Christmas red for half off in the after-Christmas sales. They're my project for January. Another of my New Years resolutions is to made a few of a different project every month so that next year when Christmas comes I'll have some ready-made gifts.

Sarah, a picture of the dish towel that you wanted embroidered as a gift for your friend is below. I'll be sending it next week. It looks best at a little distance away, kind of like in the picture.

Pretty cool, huh.




No comments: