Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 107

I'm a day late for Friday Fill-Ins because of early-morning computer work yesterday and company last night. More about that later. Here we go.

1. Enough with the bitter cold weather. I'm sure everyone's saying that. One thing I definitely have to do today is refill the washer fluid in my truck, unless it's just frozen. Yesterday morning I was heading into the sun and had to pull over and try to clean the windshield, not easy at 2 degrees. The whole truck is a salty mess, although I'm grateful for road salt to keep me and everyone else from slipping all over.

2. Life causes me to be conflicted. I believe that we're responsible for making our lives turn out the way we want them. On the other hand, I'm spiritual enough to believe that there is a plan for us. And these two beliefs don't always seem to mesh.

3. I've been craving the beach for months now, although maybe I'm about to trade in that craving for warm weather. I heard a commercial the other day for the Newport Aquarium, where the temperature is always 76 degrees. Maybe I'll head on over soon.

4. The grandbabes make me laugh. Even little Aaron asking for a cracker or Nora telling me that she's too young to sew with machines makes me laugh.

5. I wish I could go to Gatlinburg next week. I love Gatlinburg, I know it's called the redneck Riviera, but I love it. Any season. I was there in February a couple of years ago and it was still crowded. I love the movement of the people, the general tackiness of it, the Smokey Mountain Brewery, the gas fireplaces in the motel rooms, and the mountains. I don't like the shopping, though. Half an hour is enough of that.

6. The Ecovillage at Berea College has been on my mind lately. Part of it is the energy saving features on these cold days, but what I'm missing is the neighbors. The little ones and the bigger ones. I can remember all of them and where they lived. I hope everyone's doing well.

7. And as for the weekend, Friday I was looking forward to going to the movies with Sarah at the end of the day and a visit from Steph, Saturday my plans include a Saturday off work, some extra sleep, and quiche for breakfast, and Sunday I want to take my first knitting lesson.

Happy Weekend, everyone.

No comments: