Monday, January 26, 2009

Style

Today I was sewing this sample for work. I enjoy making these samples because they aren't something I would ever choose on my own and I always learn a new technique or two. The pillow is made with a white batiste and the blue comes from the pillow form under it. Very lacy.

Much more my style is this scarf I started knitting today and could hardly put down. I want more of this yarn.

My favorite magazine ever is Quilting Arts Magazine, and my friend Kay just sent the generous gift of a subscription. She said it looked more like my style than the traditional quilt books in the store, and of course she's right. Thanks, Kay.

Another gift much appreciated - yesterday afternoon I came home from visiting Bridget's mom in the hospital and going to the visitation for Mary Gina's dad to find that my neighbors had swept the snow from my sidewalk and steps. It snowed a little again last night and I swept their walk today.
Tomorrow a storm is expected with lots of snow. I'd so love it if the storm went in a different direction. Or the weather unexpectedly warmed up and it rained instead.


No comments: