Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 105

During the holidays, I got out of the habit of doing Friday Fill-Ins, so I'm going to do last Friday's today.

1. The world is a wonderful place, beautiful too, full of things to look at, a spark for creativity. How did we get so lucky?

2. "Good bye, see you tomorrow," was the last thing I said. I was leaving work, of course.

3. I wonder what the year will be like. I was thinking this morning that of my resolutions so far there are none that are really knock-my-socks-off challenging or amazing. Do I need to do more thinking? I think so.

4. The world will surely be silent and dark at the end of all things.

5. There's something to be said for thinking ahead and planning. But there's also something to be said for being spontaneous and ready to react to what happens. As in all things, balance.

6. Home is where I want to be, tonight anyway. It's a rainy night, and if it were any colder it would be quite a snowy night, so I'm glad it isn't any colder.

Thanks to Steph for the picture below. Aaron got tubes in his ears at Children's Hospital this morning. He did well and is back to eating everything in sight and being happy.


I'm grateful that Aaron has a mom and dad who make sure that there is a pacci in the diaper bag at times like this. His pre-surgery visit showed that he is in the 75th percentile for weight in his age group and off the charts for height. That's probably why the little guy eats so much, he's just trying to maintain.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I so love your answer to #1 :-)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't our sweet little Aaron look so tiny there? I know that he really isn't, he's a big boy & does big boy things, too! Especially for his age! I'm so happy it all went so well.
Janice