Friday, January 2, 2009

Catching up

I've spent the week working and finishing Christmas projects. Janice, your last two napkins were finished quickly and will be in your mailbox soon.


I can't say the same for a few other projects, which should be going quickly, but aren't. And, then there are those Christmas cards . . . .

I'm also thinking through some goals for the year and getting my house back in order and, maybe, redecorated a little. For the last many years, I've had a couple of pink and green quilts that I rotated on my bed, but I had this red one in the guest bedroom at Christmas and remembered how much I liked it. I like red almost any time, anyway, so I'll try it one my bed for awhile. When I moved into my house, I planned for a red living and dining area and at the last minute chickened out and went with a very pale pink. I was really pleased with that for the first few months, then started wondering if I should have stayed with the red. We'll see how I like this and go from there.

It was a good New Years Eve. Because I worked until 6, I didn't make the trip to Ashland, KY, like I usually do, and I went to Steph's instead. The food was ever so delicious. Helen and Jack brought trout and green beans, Bridget brought bread stuffed with mushrooms, cheese, and butter, Steph made a tossed salad with goat cheese, walnuts, and pears. I brought homemade applesauce and a pumpkin cheesecake from Kroger's. Except for that cheesecake, everything looked and tasted fabulous.

Here are Aunt Tina and Bridget playing with Aaron, who had a big evening showing off his talking skills.

Nora asked to have her picture taken with her new doll from Aunt Tina. She's often a little leary of my camera, but I guess she felt this was important.

I wish I'd taken a picture of the entire group, which leads me to my first New Year's resolution, to take better pictures. I was doing ok until I started working, then things got a little sloppy. I'm not happy about that, so that's goal one.

I try to have a few goals that are long term throughout the year and some that can be accomplished fairly quickly and easily. I like to feel like I'm getting somewhere. Looking through last year's, though, I noticed that a couple of the easy ones didn't weren't done. Rather than feeling bad about that, I'll just recycle those. One was to mount a small quilts on canvas and one was to mount a small quilt on plexiglass. And now we have goals two and three.

1 comment:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

I've been meaning to let you know that we loved our Christmas gift! Well, Aiden's Christmas gift! He's already worn both bibs - he goes through about one each hour, so bibs are in demand here. Haha! And the little ornament is on the tree. Thank you so, so much for thinking about us. That was so special!!!

And I think a red living and dining area would be lovely! We use a lot of red. Our couches are beige with red and beige pillows, and we have a wonderful red chair that goes with it. And some red in the kitchen, too. :) Too bad red is the color of most of teams we are *against* - but it's still a great color! :) I say go for it!