Thursday, January 22, 2009

Purses

This morning I got up early and managed a couple of samples for the place mat purse class I'm teaching in a couple of weeks. These are so easy, with lots of variations. The red bag is lined and the green and white one has a little fringe on top that was already on the place mat. Instead of ribbon, regular handles from the fabric or craft store can be used. A nice embroidery can be put on a flat place mat. It should be a fun class.

I'm trying, really trying, to get my dining room table cleaned off. This has been an ongoing project since the holidays. Finally, today, I took my Christmas collage to the printer, which cleared up a large spot where the photos were. All I can figure is that next year I need to be started way early if I don't want to spend January playing catch up.

Toward that end, one of my goals for the year is to make a few things every month and set them aside. This month I've done fleece scarves, and they're tucked away in a drawer. I think that next month will be purses, since I already have a good start and I'll probably make another one during the class. I want to embroider a few, too, like the dragon you saw earlier in the week.

And, I've just got to get back to quilting. I am doing a quilted wall hanging at work with pink and green hand dyes and embroidered roses, but I want to get back to my home quilting. Around October I got the urge to do real sewing, following the patterns, but for now I've had enough of that.

No comments: