Saturday, January 3, 2009

Festival of Lights

This was the last weekend of the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo. I had been scheduled to watch Aaron, but Aunt Tina volunteered, so I got to go to the zoo instead. It was great weather for it, with temperatures in the 40's. There were a few sprinkles of rain, but very few.

It was fabulous to do a holiday thing with no preparation, no thinking ahead, and a free trip in with the family pass. All I had to do was get in the van about five minutes after I came home from work, I didn't even have to drive anywhere. The Christmas music (including Grandma and the reindeer) was fun and light-hearted and even though I thought I was so done with that kind of Christmas music, I enjoyed it.

Steph's got the good pictures, but here's a shot of Nike and Nora on the Merry Go Round with the lights in the background,

and here's one of Steph.

Even I rode a Merry Go Round horse and I don't remember when that last happened. I've riden numerous times with Nora but always standing beside her.
Which leads me to New Years resolution number 4. More Artist Dates. Even when I wasn't working, it wasn't easy for me to make time to go out once a week. Technically, the trip to the zoo isn't a true Artist Date since it's supposed to be a solitary event, but all the gorgeous lighting and happy people surely count as inspiration.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. I remember how beautiful it was when we went. So glad it was good all around for all of you. You should have had M. or S. take a shot of you in the mix, those are important to post too!
Thanks for the nice surprise gift. Your hand guided creation of festive, cheerful, holiday table napkins is darling! Very nice! I will treasure them! Janice