Tuesday, January 27, 2009

didn't get my wish

I didn't get my wish for no snow. It must have snowed furiously during the night because there was four inches in the morning.


I thought the snow would start later and got up early so I could get to work before there was much accumulation. It wasn't to be.

There's something about snow that makes me want to make bread. I made a big loaf and these mini pizzas.

I also finished this Christmas project, started in November, and now it will resurface for Aaron next Christmas since it's so holiday specific. There are nine of the little bears.



I originally started with another design on this throw and it just wasn't working. I think the fabric is just too soft for heavy embroidery. Finally I gave it up and cut off the design. Now I have this slightly smaller throw - luckily the design was in the bottom corner - and a scarf for Nora. I was tired of seeing it laying around but I'm delighted with the way it turned out.

It's icing now and it's supposed to start snowing again. I wonder what tomorrow will look like.

No comments: