Thursday, December 9, 2021

Christmas Cactus

 


The past few years I've neglected my Christmas cactus, but it still bloomed faithfully.  This summer I finally repotted it in Miracle Grow potting soil and then fertilized it every month with Miracle Grow.  Full strength.  Not recommended, but I did it anyway and was rewarded with tremendous growth.

I wasn't sure I would get any buds this year since all the growth went into the plant, but there are a few.  And they are stellar.  Huge.  Once blooming season is finished I'll start fertilizing with half strength Miracle Grow.  No repotting.  And we'll see what happens next year.

And I think I'll get another Christmas cactus this season since it's my favorite.

It's been a busy week.  I'm shortening a sequin jacket and a puffer coat.  If you want it done I can tell you how to do it but I won't do it for you.

But I'm grateful for you tube to help me along.  I would have gone about it completely wrong.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Your Christmas cactus is gorgeous!! Don't think mine is going to bloom this year. Will copy and save your 'instructions' on potting soil, fertilizer.