Thursday, December 16, 2021

Book Cover

 


My  neighbor wanted an adjustable book cover for her grandmother's Christmas gift - the grandmother loves cardinals.  This is what I came up with.  The back flap can tuck into a piece of elastic to fit thicker books, and there is a little extra height to accommodate taller books. I hope both grandmother and granddaughter like it.  Embroidery design from Embroidery Library. 

Last night was Nora's Christmas band concert.  I sat in the back row of the big auditorium, wearing my mask.  Watching people file out afterwards, it looked like other mask wearers sat in the back.  There were empty seats on either side of me.  

The concert was amazing as always, there are three bands in Nora's large high school.  Even though I felt a little strange being with so many people, I was happy to see so much support for the student musicians. 

Good news for me - I had my second shingles vaccine on Monday without significant side effects.  I had heard reports of side effects from the second shot and wasn't sure what to expect, but it was ok.  If you're in the age group, think about getting the shot.  I remember my dad suffering with shingles and it isn't something to take lightly.  After a slow roll-out, the vaccine seems widely available now. 

And I've learned, with all the vaccinations lately, to get the shot in the dominant arm.  I always thought it would be better in the non-dominant arm, but the added arm movement seems to reduce any soreness.

No comments: