Saturday, April 4, 2020

Rookie Mistake


I was monogramming the first pocket on a set of seven flannel shirts (don't ask) and somehow let another part of the shirt get under the embroidery.  Rookie mistake.  It took HOURS to get all those little stitches picked out.  I managed to do it without getting a hole in the shirt.  I am appreciative of my seam ripper but I don't want to see it again any time soon.

Luckily for me, the person who wants the flannel shirts said to just sew the pockets shut.  Otherwise I would have had to take the pockets off, monogram, then sew them back on.  Which actually would have taken about the same time as all that ripping.

Looking forward to seeing my friends at ZOOM church tomorrow morning.  It's one of the highlights of my week.  That, and the governor at 5:00 every day.  My friends and I notice the changes.  He had a new water bottle today and a polo shirt.  The regular sign language person had the day off.  There was a new graph.

There was a question about a church that continues to hold services.  His usual response is to remind the church that they will not want to look around at Christmas and see people missing,  Most churches comply, but there are a very few who resist.

I won't be shopping at Hobby Lobby from here on out.  Not that they will miss me because they weren't on my good list anyway.

No comments: