Friday, April 17, 2020

Moving Forward


From today's Mary Engelbreit calendar, Do the Breit Thing 2020 Calendar.  I hope she will be gracious about my posting it.

Prior to looking at the calendar, I wrote in my Morning Pages that, in the early conversations about "opening up" the country, it becomes clear that elderly (ahem) people will need to continue quarantining for longer.  And that I need a plan for that.  I can't just keep drifting along in my days, being low energy, listing my daily goals and sometimes accomplishing them and sometimes not.

Actually, I need to cut myself just a little slack, I usually do accomplish them but it might be several days down the road.  And I've come to realize that my life has creativity over structure, and I don't want to lose that.  Just get more balance.

Last week was a little easier.  The weather was warmer, I could be outside.  There was Easter to look forward to.  This week hasn't been so good.  At all.

And so, I'll start thinking about what I can do differently in the days ahead.  Maybe I could plan meals for the week, take that uncertainty off my plate.  Maybe I could eat meals at a designated time.  I don't know, I'll think on these things. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hmmm, I felt like this was written about me, by me. :D I have drifted since this started. And some days I'm okay with that, other days I really get on my case about my lethargy, my mindless drifting from the morning to night, day after day. Like you, I have goals - sometimes - and some I make---and a lot I don't. It's just a weird blip in this strange journey called life. :) I really enjoyed your post.