Sunday, April 5, 2020

Sewing with the Governor


The stocking is finished.  The stocking I started maybe a year and a half ago.  The final push came when I started working on it during the KY governor's chats at 5:00.  Who is it for?  No one in particular, really.  My neighbor got me interested in picking it up.  

I have a couple more beading kits that I squirreled away years ago.  I'll start on a new one today, a banner.  Years ago, I made stockings for each of my girls.  Neither had quite the amount of beadwork and embroidery as this one.

Every day at 5:00, we commit with the governor to getting through this together.  We see examples of people doing social distancing or working.  We study flattening the curve.  Yesterday we learned that there has been a steep decline in the state's flu diagnoses.  We learn about the number of tests, positive cases, and deaths.  We learn about any new orders.  There is a question and answer session that is always interesting.  

All that takes about an hour.  High marks to Governor Beshear for doing that day after day.

Today will be laundry day.  I'm learning that during this time I have energy for just one project each day.  Any extra is a bonus.  And I've learned that any cooking needs to be done before 5:00.  After that, I'm just depleted.

No comments: