Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Table Cloth


Spring has brought a change of table cloth for this little table.  Winnie found the table in the curb side trash in New York City years ago and somehow managed to drag it to her apartment.  It's heavy.  It lived in the living room in Asheville, and when Sarah and Winnie moved out of that house it came to me.

Running through my mind this morning is this favorite hymn:
How Can I Keep from Singing
Audrey Assad

My life flows on in endless song;
Above earth's lamentation,
I hear the sweet, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation

Through all the tumult and the strife,
I hear that music ringing
It finds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?

There are more, and slightly more religious, verses.  You can look them up if you wish.

Hammering goes on down the street.  They are now adding a room on top of the roof of an addition.  Surely, surely, this can't be to code.  But maybe the code office is closed. 

No comments: