Thursday, April 30, 2020

Not Green Enough


Each day our Kentucky governor talks about the new coronavirus deaths, noting their sex, age, and county, and asks us to light up our homes or buildings green to remember them.  Yesterday I found this pale green votive holder with my holiday stash, but when I lit the candle on my porch, there was barely a green tint.  I'll keep looking.

Usually, there are about ten Kentucky deaths.  There is a hospital that I can see out my dining room window, and that is where the northern Kentucky patients are sent.  I have no idea how many are there.  I worry about them.

Beginning May 11 we will be asked to wear masks as new locations open.  I've had several requests, so I'll need to get started on those.  In my perfect world, I'd love to put a supply of masks on a bush by my sidewalk so neighbors can take what they need, but my sewing world hasn't been that perfect.  So, I'll give them to folks who ask.

My days are uneven.  I'll have good days, then for no apparent reason, not-so-good days.  Days when I cook and days when I eat crackers and cheese.  Days when I try to reach out to people who might need a boost and days when I . . . don't.  Days when I turn on my sewing machine, days when it stays quiet.  

No comments: