Friday, April 10, 2020

Hot Cross Buns


Thanks to Sarah and Winnie for ordering hot cross buns for me to pick up.  They are beautiful.  Sarah said I could call from my car and someone would bring them out, but there was no one at the drive through so I pulled up there.  So easy.

From a friend's facebook post, with a picture of the Grinch:
It came without dresses, it came without ties.  It came without baskets, eggs, hams, or pies.  And he puzzled and puzzled 'til his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.  What if Easter, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  What if Easter, perhaps, means a little bit more.

I love that Grinch section of the book, read it to my girls probably a million times.  I bought our Grinch book at a 50% after-Christmas sale.  It was a time when the flu was prevalent in Detroit and I hesitated to go to the store, but I really wanted that book.

My Cincinnati daughter is without power after our Wednesday night storms.  The utility website says they should get their power back by midnight tonight.  They were able to borrow a generator for their refrigerators.  It's a bad time for people to lose power when they are stocked up with groceries to reduce trips to the store and because kids are home.

Yesterday was low-motivation.  Today will be a better day.

No comments: