Monday, March 23, 2020

Santa's Boots


I am down to the boots on the beaded Christmas stocking that I've been working on (on and off) for months now.  

I have found that threading the beading needle that came with the kit to be almost impossible, the eye is so narrow.  And so, on the remote chance that you are working on something similar, I've found that a small Sharps needle works so much better.  It's small enough to go through the holes in the beads but the eye is larger.  And, it helps to use regular thread instead of the floss in the kit, regular thread is much smoother.  (Carrye, I'm sure you have other ideas too.)

Our KY governor has asked that all nonessential retail stores close today.  I am imagining that today he will put in place a stay-at-home order like Ohio's governor did effective tonight at midnight.  I am so grateful for a sensible governor and look forward to his 5:00 tv programs.  He is part encourager, part informer, part imparter of hard things we need to do.

One of the big mega churches north of Cincinnati went ahead and held services yesterday.  I can't even.  I am grateful for my small church's Zoom services, it's so amazing to see and hear my church friends and everyone has a chance to talk.  In a safe way.

I went out early this morning to pick up a prescription.  Just that small trip, less than a mile from home, raised my spirits.  I actually talked to a person, face to face, kind of anyway, through the pick-up window.  And starting today, I've promised myself to exercise more, even if I wear a path on my hardwood floors.

News from the grands:  they baked real chocolate chip cookies yesterday, not the break-and-bake they usually use.  They were amazed at how good they tasted.




No comments: