Sunday, March 8, 2020

Room for a Trombone


Is there room in a busy young man's life for band?  The jury is still out for Aaron.  The band director said on Thursday night that there is room in band for every student, so we'll see.

Room . . . reminds me of a child's Halloween book, Room on the Broom.  A witch flies around on her broom and when she lands a creature asks, "Is there room on the broom for a ____ like me?"  A truly wonderful book.

Yesterday I went here and there, picking up taxes and a prescription, to the bakery, to Aaron's basketball game, to deliver the brownies and some candles to church, to get a stack of library books, to get gas.  Starting today, I'll pay attention to the guideline for older people to stay home.  I already have a case of the "Oh, but I forgot . . ." and keep adding to my Amazon order.  

The doctor said I can wean off my brace, add weights to therapy, and return in three months for a final x ray.  What I didn't expect - my fingers are stiff.  Surely typing and quilting will take care of that in  short order.


No comments: