Thursday, March 5, 2020

Ornamental Grasses


I came home from sewing with friends yesterday to find that my neighbor had cut back the dried ornamental grasses in my flower beds.  This is a VERY big deal, so nice of him and not an easy job.  He used a chain saw.  I want to do something nice in return.  

At the sewing group, I sewed on the beaded Christmas stocking that I seem to make little progress on.  This time, a puppy paw and a puppy ear and a candy cane.  Just those small things, and I sewed for several hours.

I had a moment and ordered lots of Lysol wipes and some hand soap.  No hand sanitizer to be found.  Then I got over myself and decided that the coronavirus has a possibly long incubation period, maybe 14 days, and whatever is coming has already been set in motion.  I use the wipes on a regular basis anyway, now I just have a supply. 

Just so happens that I signed up for desserts for the church Community Meal again next week.  I got brownie mixes and a big package of chocolate chips for added chocolate.  No nuts, I was careful about that.  But if there is enough batter for a single brownie for me, there will be walnuts added.

No comments: