Friday, March 27, 2020

Mask


I had a couple of people ask me to make masks for them.  Of course I read all the pros and cons of homemade masks and of fabrics and patterns.  Way overthought this, which is my normal.  

But this morning I made my first one and I'm pretty happy with it.  For the next one, I will start the pleats up just a little higher.  I decided on a combination of ties and elastic - overthought that too.  There is a slit in the back for adding a filtering material.  

This first one took about an hour and twenty minutes - people always ask that question:  how long did it take?  I expect the second to take an hour, the third less.  The basic pattern is from sarahmaker.com.

I am so angry about Congressman Thomas Massie's threat to require individual votes on the corona virus bill, meaning all those representatives had to fly back to Washington to vote for a bill that will pass.  Such a waste of energy and money and resources, not to mention risk to people.  And, he is from my district.  I've used the phrase "hanging my head in Kentucky" when referring to our senators - you know who they are.  And now I'm hanging my head once again.

No comments: