Sunday, December 1, 2019

Advent Worship


Yesterday I hung my Worship Advent banner and was so dismayed.  It did not say what I wanted it to say, at all.  I remembered how much I had liked the sparkly blue tulle but it looked bare.  And the lighted starts I had put behind it - they were so, so crazy bright.  Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have waited until the day before to hang it.  I finally decided that good enough was good enough and went on my way.

But then, fussing on it later in the evening, I realized that I must have hung blue fabric under the blue tulle last time.  Duh.  And so I was at Joann Fabrics when they opened at 9:00 this morning.  It was still black Friday weekend and the fabric I wanted was 70% off - score!.  I pinned that blue fabric behind the sparkly tulle and it was instantly better.  And, except for the ones hanging outside, the stars were much more dim.

And then, I decided to take a different turn and have no lights on this first Advent Sunday.  Next Sunday, I'll light them and the ones on the sides will shine, the others dim behind the fabric.  Then each Sunday I'll pull out a few more.  Not the story I was originally going for, but it will be nice.

My gluten free, nut free bread for communion was very crumbly.  But, it worked.

No comments: