Friday, December 6, 2019

My View



My view looking down - pajama pants and a splint.  

I fell on some ice on Wednesday.  It looked like water, and it was, but there was ice under it,  I broke my wrist. 

For now, I wait for the swelling to go down.  The ortho doctor said he was on the fence between casting and surgery.  He wants the surgeon to make that call and I see him on Monday.  The doctor said that if I weren't active and wanting to sew and quilt they would just cast.  And so, we'll see.

In the meantime, I am reminded of what my grand guy and I used to say, "There's always another way'"  Or, a slower way.  The splint goes over the elbow.  Very luckily, though, I'm right-handed and this is my left wrist.  It could be so much worse.  I can do most things, just differently.  And slower.  And I slept pretty well last night.




No comments: