Saturday, December 21, 2019

Short Blue Cast


The splint has been replaced for a short blue cast.  My elbow is free and the big wad on my palm is now replaced by a flatter one.  

Despite all that happy stuff, I spent time awake during the night, trying to get comfortable.  I'm sure that will get better as I maneuver muscles that had been held rigid.  I can tell a big difference from yesterday to today.

There are two best things with the cast.  One, I can use the keyboard with both hands easily.  I journal Morning Pages on the computer and it was just too much effort to do too much "talking to myself."  I've missed it.

And, oh joy, my coat fits over the cast.  It wouldn't go over the splint.  I avoided going outside because if was just too cold.  I still can't get on a long sleeve tee or a fleece, but I'm sure that a trip to TJ will turn up something.  Maybe a men's fleece without elastic at the wrist.

And so, today.  Journaling.  Getting out wrapping paper and doing some wrapping - I can do that now, I'm sure.  A trip out to order some baked goods and do a few other errands.

And celebrating the solstice.  I can't forget that.

No comments: