Friday, November 29, 2019

Table Runner


Table runner for church communion table, at least for this Advent.  Made with leftovers from a baby quilt, with donated fabric.

It was a great Thanksgiving.  The rescue turkey was declared very good.  Roasted from frozen in three hours.  I wonder whether that is a grocery staple or whether it just shows up at Thanksgiving.

There were all the usual good things.  My plate was full, and I brought home mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.  For whatever reason, I want mashed potatoes and gravy these days.  Comfort food, I guess.

I also brought home my cranberry relish and froze it  I am the only one who likes it, apparently, the others like the cranberry sauce in the can.  With rings.  Maybe I need to rethink making it.  At any rate, I have lots for Christmas.

I loved watching football on Steph's tv.  Mine are smaller, and I am having a moment.  Or a month.  It is necessary to rescan the tv channels if you don't have cable, which I don't.  I've heard it's to make more room for broadband, which doesn't make sense to me.  I was able to do it on my bedroom smart tv, but the living room tv is still a puzzle.  I'm getting closer, though.  Once I master that, the little tv in the studio should be easy, since it's a smaller version.  

You might get the idea that I don't watch much tv, and that would be correct.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I usually make a cranberry sauce with whole cranberries, microplaned orange rind, sugar and after it's cooked a thin layer of cognac or brandy over the surface and then into the fridge. I also like it still warm on ice cream. I thought I had a jar in the fridge- it was grape jelly.

My walking buddy makes a raw relish of a bag of cranberries and a whole orange skin and all. It's okay but a bit too minimal.