Saturday, March 2, 2019

Second Pink Baby Quilt Top


The second go-round of this little quilt.  Usually, I don't make two similar baby quilts, but this one has a story.

Through casual conversation, a friend in the baby quilt group and I realized that we have the same doctor.  What are the chances, in this metropolitan area?  Plus, people who live in Kentucky usually choose a primary care doctor on their side of the river, and our doctor is in Ohio.  Our doctor was on maternity leave, and we decided that we would make a baby quilt for her.

I did the piecing and my friend did the quilting.  My daughter works in the same building as my doctor and she said she would drop off the quilt.  My friend and I met in a new restaurant for lunch and for her to give me the finished quilt so I could pass it on.

The waiter noticed the quilt and really liked it.  He said he had a friend who would be having a baby girl in April and he wanted basically the same quilt for her.  What would that cost?  We worked out a nice deal for all of us - my friend and I would make the quilt in exchange for two lunches for each of us.

So now the quilt top is finished, and it will go today to my friend for her quilting magic.  I love a quilt with a story. 


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

And the waiter will tell that story for years. It's a great story.