Thursday, March 7, 2019

Lenten Reflection



Something about quilting this little quilt . . . very relaxing.  The little animals passing by my needle.  The red thread.  The developing patterns.  Thinking about the collaboration with Joanne, who pieced it.

Lent.  We are here.  I am admiring my friends who are developing a practice, who have a plan.  I'm still trying to figure it out.  I thought I wanted to use "Women Rowing North" as a base, but in my re-reading I feel as if I am getting from the book exactly what I should without further thinking or discussion.

A young couple are using the Mennonite cookbook "More With Less" as their Lenten devotion, trying the recipes.  That feels attractive, but in many ways I feel as if I've already lived that.  My copy looks well used.  I will look over the recipes again, though.

A group at church is studying the Enneagram and how it relates to spiritual practice.  That didn't feel attractive to me because I've studied and taught it so often.  I need something more, something that will stretch me.

So, here I am.  Still trying to figure it out.  Feeling a little stressed because Lent has already begun and I am floundering and I so need something to study. 


No comments: