Friday, March 15, 2019

Hot Dogs



When I visited Sarah in Hendersonville, we went to a place called Hot Dog World.  It was notable because they had really good veggie dogs, along with their other selections.  Those hot dogs have been on my mind lately and I finally decided to just make a version for myself.  Mine weren't nearly as good, but it is a nice break from my usual food.  Veggie dogs, whole wheat buns, really good slaw.  I am still looking forward to Hot Dog World!  They use regular buns too.

At least these fit into what I should be eating.  Not too many carbs or saturated fats, pretty good protein.  At my last check-up, my cholesterol was up from before, my AC1 was at the bottom number of diabetic range.  I just got the results from my bone density test and that wasn't good either.  I thought I'd have another ten years before I started falling apart.  And I am pretty conscientious.  It will take awhile to work my mind into all this.  

Yesterday afternoon I was taking Nora to her bassoon lesson when the tornado warning alert came over my phone.  Another half mile down the road and the sirens went off.  We were pretty close to the music store at the mall, so we just kept going.  No tornadoes as far as I know, but the mall lost power very briefly.

And now it's colder again.  I so enjoyed the warm couple of days.  Even with only a few warm days, it's hard to adjust back.

No comments: