Monday, January 23, 2012

Puzzle Quilt

This is my interpretation of the Puzzle quilt in Quilter's Playtime. I wanted blues so it could hang in the newly painted bathroom. Because of the curvy border, I did a pillowcase finish - and one of the advantages is that it only takes a few minutes to finish.

I'm pretty darn happy with my curvy seams. Nice and flat. If you're wondering about the little block in the center, second row from the top, it's James of the Thomas trains. Just so happens that (1) his background was the right color and (2) Aaron loves the Thomas trains.

Picture the painted background much more blue than gray and add that saturation to the quilt. The colors are more dull that in real life - the quilt is pretty lively. 14" x 13"

I'm pretty excited, I just ordered a Smash Journal from Amazon. With only one page to go in my art journal, I've been looking for my next journal. From what I can tell, this is sort of like anti-scrapbooking. It comes with a combination pen/glue stick and you can add various things by gluing them down, then smashing the journal together and putting a band around it. Just my kind of thing, I've been noticing that I'm adding more and more little cards or ribbons or fabric bits. My only concern is that the pages are thick enough for watercolors.

No comments: