Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Decorating

Every year I plan to decorate for the holidays, brighten things up a little, and I usually don't. This year, though, I'm home most days and I put the decorating on my list of goals. Of course, February seems like a red month, both because of Valentine's Day and because a little red chirks up the gray days.

When I looked through my things I found that I didn't have many red things, so yesterday I worked on a couple of quick items. The little table runner at the top is just a little larger than place mat size and gave me some practice in cutting and piecing curves. Sometimes I just forget about cutting without a ruler.

Then there was the potholder below, which is a January Block of the Month from Craftsy. Craftsy has some online classes, and the Block of the Month is free - if you're interested, check it out. I have to admit that I didn't like this block just because it isn't my style, but with lots of quilting I was happier with it.

Some time during the past year I put together the little quilt below from paper pieced blocks I'd done years ago.



And that should get it, along with a wreath with red berries for the front door.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little curvy piece table runner at the top. Very pretty.
Sarah

Sharon-IN said...

I like your Craftsy pot holder! Good use of the block. I'm doing that BOM too.