Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finished Now

During the holiday season, when I was trying to match quilt fabrics, I kept pulling out a piece of blue, thinking "this is just right." The first time this happened I was surprised to find that the blue was part of an unfinished table runner.

The attached tag said Husqvarna Viking Embroidery Club 145, and I vaguely remembered making it, or starting to make it, as a work project. It was originally supposed to be a bag, I think, and I simplified it to a table runner but still didn't manage to get it all quilted. The embroidery was all finished, so I took it to work when it needed to be there, then later brought it home to finish. Sometime. When I checked, the current Embroidery Club is 173, and they come out once a month, so that gives you an idea that "sometime" started a while ago.

The hand dyed squares were quilted, and part of the blue, so lots of blue stippling later, it's finished. I've been thinking about a snowflake table runner for January, but this will let me get the Christmas tree runner put away.

I always enjoy finding a project with hours already put into it, especially when it's a pretty one and easily completed.

No comments: