Sunday, January 15, 2012

Journal Quilt Two

I picked up this book at the library in the new book section, pretty excited to see a new quilt book. Then my friend Connie H. brought a copy to lunch on Monday. It's a wonderful resource book and, as the author says in the introduction, "you won't find a Bow Tie block in the bunch."



I tried a variation of the Pogo Stick block on page 142. Each of the blocks has instructions for a 12" block and I loosely adapted this one for my 8" format. Then I tried the Spiral Flower Fill from the July 11 issue of Machine Quilted unlimited.


Not so good on the quilting, but I can see that one of the values of the little journal quilts is just trying different things. I'm trying to decide - do I really need another quilting book. I think I do.



No comments: