Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

Milo and Lucy, who visited during Christmas and added their own exuberance.

But now, it's a new year, and of course I have a long list of goals. I just counted up my mini-goals for January, and there are fifteen. Mini-goals fit into the larger goals, steps along the way to make sure the larger ones get done. Not every goal has a mini-goal.

One I'm especially looking forward to is to set a time away at the end of each month for a check-in of the larger goals. With my new Kindle Fire (thanks, family,) somewhere with Wi-Fi, like maybe Mammouth Cafe, with their lovely egg, veggie sausage/cheese/whole wheat bagel. The check-in.

Vicki Welsh at Field Trips in Fiber is doing her Color Palette Challenge with her friend Judy, and I'm going to do that. A new color palette every month, colors I might never normally use. Note the new spiffy button on the side-bar.

When I opened her blog this morning to see if this month's colors were posted yet - yes, I'm eager to see them - I was struck by her yesterday's post. She did a journal quilt every week last year, an ambitious project, then put them together at the end of the year. A wonderful visual of the year.

I think that the older I get, the more visual I get, and I love this idea. Can I add it to the list? My list is pretty serious, and I don't put on things that I won't do, or at least should do.

Yes, I can. Something small, say, 10", which wouldn't be intimidating. Nothing complicated, just a snapshot. Done on Saturday, or by Saturday.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments: